Death Wish

I saw my life flash before my eyes,

I wondered how would be the cries.

I sunk into death’s trap,

Around me I let death wrap.

I took death’s bait,

And I left before my fate.

Then, I thought, “Life isn’t that hard.”

I started missing my backyard.

I started missing my dog, Tony,

I started missing my aunt who was bony.

I started missing both of my parents,

And how they would urge me to take in more nutrients.

I started missing my friends’ words,

And how they came rushing in herds.

I realised, life, I didn’t want to give up,

That of course life won’t be as easy as tea in a cup.

I started to regret,

I wished I hadn’t taken the bet.

I wished things hadn’t down-spiralled at this rate,

I thought to myself, “Now it’s too late.”

Death, just as I was about to get sucked into,

Against my face, the wind blew.

I opened my eyes, I was looking down,

I, the girl with a death wish had a near-death experience, I realised, standing in my gown.

~Renee

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snowflakes

Dreamy Autumn

God